J74 Progressive - A tool set for Chord Progression and Harmonic Editing
J74 Progressive is a set of tools for chord progression making and harmonic editing in Ableton Live (Max for Live). Progressive allows you to create and edit chord progressions as MIDI clips, by use of composition techniques modelling (such as diatonic scale and chords exploration methods) as well as performance styles (arpeggio, humanized timing and dynamics). The tool is capable of producing extremely realistic chord progressions and arpeggios, delivered directly as MIDI clips in Ableton Live Session view. Besides the chord progression generator/editor, Progressive also includes tools for scale and chord detection in any MIDI and Audio material and for MIDI clip processing (harmonization/scale based transposition and humanize dynamics).
Feature Overview of J74 Progressive
MIDI Chord Progression Editor for building chord progressions, arpeggio's and various harmonic evolutions directly as MIDI clips.
- Intuitive user interface which closely recalls the one used in sequencers
- Any scale (40+ available), any key, any octave
- Progressions editing with per chord selection among triads, 7th, 9th (Add2), 11th (7 Sus4) and 13th (Sixth) chord shapes
- Options for insertion of borrowed chords and accidentals
- Automatic chord inversion (keyboard range selectable)
- Several performance modes (hold down chords, arpeggio styles, humanized timing and dynamics, guitar striking emulation)
- Free editable arpeggio patterns, including possibility for syncopation
- Humanize timing and dynamics by subtle fluctuations
- Results delivered as standard MIDI clips in your Ableton Live tracks
MIDI Clip Modifier adapt an existing MIDI clip (or MIDI clip selection) to a selected scale and apply dynamics.
- Works on any MIDI clip you recorded or imported
- Adapts the MIDI clip by selectively transposing notes not fitting the target scale (harmonize)
- Adds dynamics and swing to MIDI velocity and timing (humanize)
MIDI Clip Analyzer for instantly detecting scale or chords in MIDI clips
- Scale detection works on entire MIDI clips or partial selections in a clip
- Detects Scales also if partial match is present
- Detects Root in many conditions
- Chord detection on partial selections in a clip
Audio Analyzer for detecting notes, chords and scales in audio feeds
- Displays notes in real time from the audio source
- Detects Scales and Chords by collecting notes
Requirements, Specifications and Documentation
Progressive is an Ableton Live Max for Live device for Live 9 and higher.
You must have a Max for Live licence to run it and it will run properly only in Live 9 or higher (older versions of Live, such as Live 8, are not supported).
- Live 9.x or higher + Max for Live with Max 6.1.x or higher
- Windows versions supported: 7, 8 and later
- Mac OS versions supported: 10.6.8, 10.7.x, 10.8.x and later
Here a Quick Overview of J74 Progressive functionality.
For more information about the toolset have a look to the detailed User Manual.