J74 VolcaControl - Software editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series
The J74 VolcaControl package provides you with three editors and control surfaces for the Korg Volca series: the VKeys, VBass and VBeats.
These tools allow you to control, store and modulate all Volca native MIDI parameters while adding a bunch of new features for synthesis and performance, such as: filter KeyTracking (both VKeys and VBass), Chorus-like effects (VKeys), additional tempo sync LFO (VKeys), Pitch Tuning and modulation modes (VBass), 3x note Polyphony emulation on VBass, MIDI velocity emulation on VBeats, LFO auto-tuning modulation (VBass and VKeys) and Solo/Mute controls on VBeats.
All devices also offer presets storage (load, save, recall), a X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously and a parameter randomizer.
The devices come in the format of Standalone desktop applications for Mac and PC (integrating via MIDI communication to controllers and DAWs, with no additional license required) and in Ableton's Live Max for Live format (integrating directly in Ableton Live, in this case a Max for Live license is required).
- Standalone tested on MAC OSX 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and Windows 7 and 8
- Ableton Live 9 / M4L versions require Live 9.0.6 or higher + Max 6.1.x
- Ableton Live 8 / M4L versions require Live 8.3 or higher + Max 5.1.9
Get J74 VolcaControlThe J74 VolcaControl package can be purchased for just $8 (USD) and comes in the form of Standalone (both Mac and Windows) and as Ableton Live / Max for Live plug-ins. The package includes all formats and control surfaces, and can be purchased using the buy button below. Once your order will be completed you will get a download link through the Paypal confirmation page.
J74 VolcaControl - How to setup and use the devicesFor information on how to integrate the software with your setup go to: VolcaControl Setup and FAQ page.
For VKeys here the PDF User Guide: VKeys User Guide.
For VBass here the PDF User Guide: VBass User Guide.
For VBeats here the PDF User Guide: VBeats User Guide.
J74 VolcaControl FeaturesVolca units standard functionality mapped to the software control surface
- VKeys: VCO (OSC) Modes, Detune, Portamento, Pitch Envelope
- VKeys: LFO Rate, modulation intensity for both Cutoff and Pitch
- VKeys: VCF Cutoff and Envelope amount
- VKeys: Envelope (EG) Attack, Decay/Relase, Sustain
- VKeys: Delay Time
- VKeys: Delay Feedback
- VKeys: VCA Volume
- VBass: VCO (OSC) Pitch tuning for OSC 1, 2 and 3
- VBass: LFO Rate, modulation intensity for VCF Cutoff
- VBass: VCF Envelope amount (on Cutoff)
- VBass: Envelope (EG) Attack and Decay/Relase
- VBass: VCA Volume, Gate Time and Octave settings
- VBeats: Part Level (Kick, Snare, LoTom, HiTom, ClosedHats, OpenHats, Claps, Agogo, Crash, Claves)
- VBeats: PCM Speed (Claps, Agogo, Crash, Claves)
- VBeats: Tom's Decay
- VBeats: ClosedHats Decay
- VBeats: OpenHats Decay
- VBeats: Hats Grain
- VBeats: Stutter Time
- VBeats: Stutter Depth
Additional features given by the VKeys, VBass and VBeats software:
- VKeys: Delay Modulation for Chorus-like effects
- VKeys: KeyTracking on VCF Cutoff
- VKeys: Additional LFO (LFO2) which is software-based and tempo synchronized (with sine, saw, square and random waves)
- VBass: OSC Pitch Tuning modes (unison, octave, third, fourth, fifth, major-chord, minor-chord and three auto-detune options)
- VBass: 3 note Polyphony emulation (paraphony), as OSC Pitch Tuning mode "poly"
- VBass: KeyTracking on EG/Cutoff level
- VBeats: MIDI velocity dynamics (emulates MIDI velocity support)
- VBeats: MIDI controllable pads with velocity emulation
- VBeats: Solo/Mute mixing controls
- All devices: X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously
- All devices: Parameter Randomizer
- All devices: Presets storage (load, save, recall)
What the VKeys, VBass and VBeats do NOT control:
- VKeys: VCF Peak (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBass: VCF Cutoff (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBass: VCF Peak (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Kick click/pitch/decay (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Snare snappy/pitch/decay (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Tom's Hi/Lo pitches (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- All devices: Any FUNC[tion] setting on the units (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
Here a video tutorial showing the functionality of the VolcaControl devices in action.